Mississippi Medical Malpractice Attorney
Medical patients are often unhappy with the outcome after surgery or some other medical treatment. Simply being disappointed with healthcare results is not proof that medical malpractice has occurred. The human body is an intricate and complex system. Because of this, complications from medical treatment can arise anytime someone is operated on or starts taking a new medication.
There are times, however, when it is clear that a breach of established medical standards has occurred, and a patient has suffered harm as a result of a healthcare provider's malpractice. Contact a medical malpractice lawyer in Gulfport, Mississippi, with more than 32 years of experience today. Schedule a free initial consultation if you suspect that you suffered harm as a result of any of the following:
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to run appropriate diagnostic tests
- Prescribed incorrect medication
- Lab mix-ups resulting in misdiagnosis
- Failure to refer patients to proper specialists
- Performance of unnecessary, painful procedures
- Failure to get proper informed consent
- Removal of body parts without proper consent
- Failure to uphold standards of care
When we accept a medical malpractice case, we fight for our clients and we are prepared to give our all to craft compelling arguments on their behalf.
Attorney James K. Wetzel, P.A., believes in the jury system ― an integral part of our legal system. We prepare every medical malpractice case as if it is going to trial. We will not rest until we have done all we can do to help the injured patient and family recover all available compensation.
Discuss your potential medical malpractice case with an experienced Mississippi lawyer. Learn about the process of pursuing and obtaining compensation for an injured person and the methods of seeking justice after a medical mistake. A victim of medical malpractice may require:
- Corrective surgery after an injury caused by surgical error
- Ongoing special treatment such as dialysis required for the injured patient to cope with the results of a medical error such as removal of the wrong kidney, or hormonal treatment to compensate for damage done by erroneous removal of a testicle
- Psychological treatment and/or psychiatric care to deal with psychological harm resulting from preventable stillbirth of a child
Misdiagnosis? Surgical Error? Call a Mississippi Medical Malpractice Lawyer
At James K. Wetzel & Associates, P.A., we do not file frivolous lawsuits on behalf of medical patients unhappy with the results of their surgery or treatment. Rather, we screen our cases carefully. Our attorney represents people who have suffered grievous harm as a result of clear violations of applicable standards of medical care. Contact the law office of James K. Wetzel & Associates, P.A., to discuss your potential medical malpractice issue with a lawyer.
FREE BACKGROUND INFORMATION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST